Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Keinan & Kirin on vacation in ND


Miss Kirin & her cousin, Alli


Alli giving the kiddos some love


Seriously...how cute are they?

Just a cute story: Gramma Shirley is beyond excited about having the kids for a week ("Only a week?!?!") and they seem to be having a great time. I asked how Kirin is sleeping and Gramma said that she hadn't cried at all that first day and did not want bedtime to be the start of tears so she opted to rock her to sleep. Now we don't typically rock her; we lay her down & leave the room. Pretty simple. I don't want another Keinan-esque sleeper (long story...). Anyway, so she rocked her & she fell asleep in about a ten or so minutes. (according to Gramma). She tells me, "So I rocked her for another 20 minutes or so & her binkie popped right out of her mouth so we just knew she was sound asleep! (laughs, pauses, then continues) So I rocked her for another...oh, I dunno...a half hour or so." (i'm thinkin' wow...she got some serious lovin') So she finally goes & lays her down & asks Keinan, "How did I do?" "Well...." Keinan says, "Mom sometimes rocks her. But NEVER that long" and just shakes his head. I don't know why, but it made me laugh so hard. Kids say the darndest things, huh?

No comments: